Since its inception in 1985, NEURONES has endeavored to pursue responsible and sustainable development within its environment. This is one of the company's key commitments.
Regarding its No.1 asset, human resources
Right from the outset, the Group established an ambitious and innovative Human Resources policy that fosters diversity: 66 nationalities represented, a variety of academic backgrounds, including young, seasoned and senior professionals, 330 apprentices, interns and professionalization contracts in 2020, over 93% on permanent contracts...
Numerous job creations:
- net creation of jobs each year (173 in 2020, with constant structures), in addition to the jobs created in our subcontractors' organizations;
- company growth and acquisitions are handled without ever using redundancy plans,
- an IT retraining program helps young graduates to find a job.
Longstanding capital sharing scheme:
- over 30 company managers and executives hold stakes in the capital of the companies they are developing,
- bonus-share and capital opening schemes,
- new key executives are regularly given the opportunity to acquire stakes in their companies and/or the Group.
Ongoing career management:
- lateral moves encouraged between different job fields and different functions, preference for internal promotion (especially for managerial and executive positions),
- annual performance reviews and interviews every few years are standard practice.
Long-term training policy:
- we do significantly more training than is legally required,
- training plans are easier to carry out because they use the Group’s own training centers,
- employees encouraged to obtain qualifying certifications (editors, new technologies...).
Motivating working environment:
- an environment that empowers people and lets them build their own future
- bonus share plans in progress for eight entities,
- group management holds a majority shareholding, which rules out decisions made by financiers or uninvolved shareholders.
Regarding its Clients
The Group applies a continuous improvement policies to its service lines in an effort to constantly adapt its solutions to decision-makers’ needs.
Industrialized and pooled services:
- in 2019, € 7.8m of industrial investments were channeled primarily into the service centers (expansion in France and abroad) and the cloud computing line of services (hardware and software, and reserved areas with third-party hosters).
Active quality development:
- the three main companies in the Infrastructures business are ISO 9001 certified.
- the two companies in the Infrastructures business with their own managed services centers are ISO 27001 certified (in progress for the third company).
Constant tailoring to needs:
- the creation of specialized companies and mergers with fellow companies with complementary areas of expertise are continually enhancing the quality of the services and expanding the range of expertise.
Regarding Markets ands Shareholders
- for a long time (before the company was listed), profits were reinvested in full. Today, a large percentage of the profits is set aside to enable the Group to achieve its ambitions, irrespective of trends in the financial markets, the economic situation or bank policy.
Regular, transparent communications:
- the annual (audited) results are published within ten weeks of the end of the financial year. The (unaudited) results are published every quarter. The Group has also issued a twice-yearly Shareholders’ Newsletter since 2000.
Proven resistance to cyclical uncertainties:
- the diversified business portfolio and the recurrent nature of certain core businesses have allowed the company to come through the years of market contraction without too great an impact on profitability and without having to resort to staff cuts.
Regarding the environment
Given the nature of its core businesses, NEURONES’ environmental footprint is only marginal. However, the Group:
- systematically recycles consumables (printer toners, electric batteries, etc.),
- has installed low-energy systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.),
- recruits, as far as possible, in labor market areas close to its service centers to limit daily commutes.
net jobs created in 2020
(with constant structures)
of the 2020 (e) profits will be reinvested in future developments
nationalities represented among employees
Download the CSR report: