Since its creation in 1985, NEURONES has always made a great effort to develop in a responsible and sustainable manner within its ecosystem:
Regarding its No.1 asset, human resources
Right from the outset, the Group has pursued an ambitious, innovative HR policy that fosters a diverse workforce (61 different nationalities represented, a variety of academic backgrounds, both novices and experienced workers, 280 apprentices, interns and employees on professionalization contracts in 2018 over 92% on permanent contracts, etc.).
Numerous job creations:
- net creation of jobs each year (132 in 2018 with constant structures),
- company growth and acquisitions are handled without using redundancy plans,
- an IT retraining program helps young graduates to find a job.
Longstanding capital sharing scheme:
- over 30 company managers and executives hold stakes in the capital of the companies they are developing,
- bonus-share and capital opening schemes,
- new key executives are regularly given the opportunity to acquire stakes in their companies and/or the Group.
Ongoing career management:
- lateral moves encouraged between different job fields and different functions, preference for internal promotion (especially for managerial and executive positions),
- annual performance reviews and interviews every few years are standard practice.
Long-term training policy:
- we do significantly more training than is legally required,
- training plans are easier to carry out because they use the Group’s own training centers,
- employees encouraged to obtain qualifying certifications (ITIL and the main market players: Microsoft, VMware, SAP, HP, IBM, etc.).
Motivating working environment:
- an environment that empowers people and lets them build their own future
- recurrent distribution of bonus shares (and stock options): 11 consecutive plans since 1999 representing over 5% of the capital,
- Group management holds a majority shareholding, which rules out takeover bids and decisions made by financiers or uninvolved shareholders.
Regarding its Clients
The Group applies a continuous improvement policies to its service lines in a bid to constantly adapt its solutions to IT decisionmakers’ needs.
Pooled services on an industrial scale:
- in 2018, € 6.9m of industrial investments were channeled primarily into the service centers (expansion in France and abroad), the cloud computing line-up (hardware and software, and reserved areas with third-party hosters) and the renovation of service desk management systems.
Active quality development:
- the three main companies in the Infrastructures business are ISO 9001 certified.
Constant tailoring to needs:
- mergers with around 10 significant-sized firms since NEURONES floated on the stock exchange have expanded and enhanced the range of services and expertise available for its clients.
Regarding Markets ands Shareholders
- for a long time (before the company was listed), profits were reinvested in full. Today, a large percentage of the profits is set aside to enable the Group to achieve its ambitions, irrespective of trends in the financial markets, the economic situation or bank policy.
Regular, transparent communications:
- the annual (audited) resul ts are published within two months of the financial year end. The (unaudited) results are published every quarter. The Group has also issued a twice-yearly Shareholders’ Newsletter since 2000.
Proven resistance to cyclical uncertainties:
- the diversified business portfolio and the recurrent nature of certain core businesses have allowed the company to come through the years of market contraction without too great an impact on profitability and without having to resort to staff cuts.
Regarding the environment
Given the nature of its core businesses, NEURONES’ environmental footprint is only marginal. However, the Group:
- systematically recycles consumables (printer toners, electric batteries, etc.),
- has installed low-energy systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.),
- recruits, as far as possible, in labor market areas close to its service centers to limit daily commutes.
net jobs created in 2018
(with constant structures)
of the 2018 profits will be reinvested in future developments
nationalities represented among employees
Download the CSR report: